Because your hair is often referred to as your crowning glory, it’s only natural that you want to improve it if it’s lacking. Try some of these natural remedies if you’re trying to regrow hair that you’ve lost or want to strengthen the hair you already have. Their well-documented benefits can help to promote hair growth and improve existing hair.
Massaging the scalp, which can be done in conjunction with hair oils and masks, can help hair restoration. This stimulates the scalp and may help to thicken the hair.
Massaging your scalp daily can also help you relax and de-stress. Hair growth and thickness are thought to be aided by stretching forces in the dermal papilla cells(Hair dermal papilla cells are mesenchymal cells found at the base of the hair follicle’s dermal papilla. Hair, growth, and cycling are all influenced by these cells.).
You can improve the quality and growth of your hair by using fresh lemon juice or lemon oil. Lemon oil can aid in the maintenance of a healthy scalp as well as hair growth. Fifteen minutes before shampooing, massage fresh lemon juice into your scalp and hair. The lemon essential oil can be used as a hair mask if diluted in a carrier oil.
For a long time, aloe vera has been used to treat hair loss. It also conditions the hair and soothes the scalp. It can help to get rid of dandruff and unclog clogged hair follicles caused by too much oil. Several times a week, apply aloe vera gel directly to your scalp and hair. Aloe vera-based shampoos and conditioners can also be used.
Geranium oil can be used to boost circulation and promote hair growth. Make a hair mask by combining a few drops with a carrier oil. Several drops can also be added to your shampoo and conditioner. Geranium oil can help your hair to be firmer, hydrated, and restored.
Fatty acids in coconut oil penetrate the hair shaft and prevent protein from evaporating. Coconut oil can be used before or after you wash your hair, depending on your hair type. If your hair is oily, use a leave-in conditioner overnight or for a few hours before washing it. From root to tip, massage coconut oil into your scalp and hair. You can use it as a leave-in conditioner if your hair is dehydrated. Although more research into the benefits of coconut oil for hair growth is needed, it has been used for centuries and has been shown to improve hair health and luster.
Rosemary is one of the most popular essential oils for promoting hair growth and preventing hair loss. Rosemary oil promotes hair growth and is effective in the treatment of androgenetic alopecia. Before rinsing:
1. Combine a few drops of rosemary essential oil with a carrier oil and massage it into your hair and scalp.
2. Repeat this process a few times per week.
3. Daily, add a few drops of rosemary oil to your shampoo and conditioner. Essential oils should never be applied directly to the skin. Always use carrier oil or shampoo to blend them.
If you can get past the onion juice odor, the benefits may outweigh the disadvantages. In people with patchy alopecia areata, onion juice has been shown to promote hair growth. Onion juice is also said to help with circulation. In animal studies, an increase in keratin growth factor and blood flow to the cuticles was observed. You can blend several onions and the juice squeezed out. Allow at least 15 minutes for the fluid to soak into your scalp and hair. After that, shampoo as usual.
Viviscal is a natural hair-growth supplement that helps people with thinning hair grow their hair back. It contains the AminoMar C marine complex. Minerals, vitamins, and powdered shark and mollusk make up this supplement. These ingredients aid in the regeneration of new cells as well as the strengthening of existing cells. To see results, you must take the pills twice daily for at least six months. Shampoo and conditioner are also available from Viviscal.
By stimulating hair follicles, ginseng supplements can help you grow more hair. Ginsenosides, the active ingredients in ginseng, are thought to be responsible for the herb’s hair-boosting properties. Always follow the directions on the bottle and keep an eye out for any potential side effects.
Omega fatty acids rich in nutrients and proteins can improve the health of your hair from within. You can improve hair density and diameter by taking an omega supplement along with antioxidants. It also helps to prevent hair loss. Omega fatty acids aid cell function and can
improve immunity, resulting in improved overall health. Follow the manufacturer’s dosage instructions.
Note To Know
Make a plan and stick to it if you want to improve your hair. It’s essential to keep in mind that the treatments can take a long time to show results. With the remedies, you can be as creative as you want and combine them as much as possible.
It’s critical to devote time to nourish your hair everyday if you want to achieve the luscious locks you desire. Taking this step and practicing self-care will be especially beneficial if your hair loss is linked to an emotional or stress-related issue. Maintain a positive attitude and make every effort to live a healthy lifestyle to complement your hair treatment regimen. If none of the natural remedies work, consult your doctor about prescription medications or surgical procedures.
- Matsuzaki T, Yoshizato K. Role of hair papilla cells on induction and regeneration processes of hair follicles. Wound Repair Regen. 1998 Nov-Dec;6(6):524-30. doi: 10.1046/j.1524-475x.1998.60605.x. PMID: 9893172.
- Koyama T, Kobayashi K, Hama T, Murakami K, Ogawa R. Standardized Scalp Massage Results in Increased Hair Thickness by Inducing Stretching Forces to Dermal Papilla Cells in the Subcutaneous Tissue. Eplasty. 2016 Jan 25;16:e8. PMID: 26904154; PMCID: PMC4740347.
- Panahi Y, Taghizadeh M, Marzony ET, Sahebkar A. Rosemary oil vs minoxidil 2% for the treatment of androgenetic alopecia: a randomized comparative trial. Skinmed. 2015 Jan-Feb;13(1):15-21. PMID: 25842469.
- Rele AS, Mohile RB. Effect of mineral oil, sunflower oil, and coconut oil on prevention of hair damage. J Cosmet Sci. 2003 Mar-Apr;54(2):175-92. PMID: 12715094.
- Sharquie KE, Al-Obaidi HK. Onion juice (Allium cepa L.), a new topical treatment for alopecia areata. J Dermatol. 2002 Jun;29(6):343-6. doi: 10.1111/j.1346-8138.2002.tb00277.x. PMID: 12126069.
- Ki Moon Park, Dong Woo Kim, Seung Ho Lee, “Extract of Allium tuberosum Rottler ex Spreng Promoted the Hair Growth through Regulating the Expression of IGF-1”, Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2015, Article ID 413538, 11 pages, 2015. DOI
- Gyeong-Hun Park, Ki-young Park, Hong-il Cho, Sang-Min Lee, Ji Su Han, Chong Hyun Won, Sung Eun Chang, Mi Woo Lee, Jee Ho Choi, Kee Chan Moon, Hyoseung Shin, Yong Jung Kang, and Dong Hun Lee.Journal of Medicinal Food.Mar 2015.354-362.DOI
- Le Floc’h C, Cheniti A, Connétable S, Piccardi N, Vincenzi C, Tosti A. Effect of a nutritional supplement on hair loss in women. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2015 Mar;14(1):76-82. doi: 10.1111/jocd.12127. Epub 2015 Jan 8. PMID: 25573272.
- Boisvert, W.A., Yu, M., Choi, Y. et al. Hair growth-promoting effect of Geranium sibiricum extract in human dermal papilla cells and C57BL/6 mice. BMC Complement Altern Med 17, 109 (2017). DOI
- Aloe (aloe vera). (2013).
- Aboelhadid, S.M., Mahrous, L.N., Hashem, S.A. et al. In vitro and in vivo effect of Citrus limon essential oil against sarcoptic mange in rabbits. Parasitol Res 115, 3013–3020 (2016). DOI
- Glynis Ablon, “A 3-Month, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study Evaluating the Ability of an Extra-Strength Marine Protein Supplement to Promote Hair Growth and Decrease Shedding in Women with Self-Perceived Thinning Hair”, Dermatology Research and Practice, vol. 2015, Article ID 841570, 8 pages, 2015. DOI