Hair restoration has become a popular solution to combat hair loss in recent years, due to the evolving technology to increase comfort and convenience, while decreasing pain and recovery time.
As certain methods become increasingly mainstream, professionals of all levels of qualifications come out of the woodwork to offer procedures as cheap as possible, making it hard for consumers to determine the best procedure or professional for them.
When it comes to hair restoration procedures, like any cosmetic procedure, it is not advised to go with the cheapest option. This procedure has its share of risks – like most surgical procedures – so choosing a qualified team is crucial to getting a great result.
For the sake of searching, we’ve provided some basic guidelines that will shape your experience in finding the right doctor:
- Accreditation: Make sure the clinic you are looking at has proper accreditation as a hair surgery center.
- Get acquainted: When you visit a clinic, try to meet the people who would be involved in the procedure and make sure they are licensed in their fields, and especially qualified to conduct the procedure.
- Self-test: Ask questions about how the clinic determines a patient’s qualification for the procedure. The big thing you’re looking for is that the clinic takes care to ensure that you are medically cleared to undergo the procedure. If the clinic does not require a medical exam to declare your fitness, this is not the place for you.
- Background check: Make sure to investigate the background of those who would perform the procedure to ensure they are not general medical practitioners, but are specialists in this type of procedure and thus well-versed in handling scalp trauma and wounds effectively.
- Get educated: To come into a consultation prepared, do your homework and have an idea of what you’re looking for. In your appointment, have the doctor talk you through the procedure so you understand the process. If any question cannot be adequately answered, that is a warning sign about the person’s understanding of the field of years of experience.
- Follow up: Legitimate clinics will always have a process to follow up after a procedure, to ask about how you’re feeling and if there are any complications or issues that need to be addressed.
- Bear witness. Once you get this information from a clinic, ask for a couple of patient testimonials, or perhaps people you could contact yourself to get feedback about his experience with the clinic. Getting two or three different perspectives can be helpful in determining the accuracy of the information you get from the clinic visit. Of course, make sure you have permission to contact them in the first place.
RESTORE – Oak Brook, Illinois
Knowing what to look for when researching clinics for a hair restoration procedure can save you a lot of time, money and anxiety. You are putting your well-being in the hands of a professional, so it’s best to find a team you can trust.