Meet the Man Behind the RESTORE F.U.E. Method
Dr. Arthur Katona has worked with the world’s top hair surgeons and completed some of the largest and most complex cases on record, continually setting new benchmarks for excellence. Most recently, he became one of only a handful doctors worldwide to be re-validated by the ABHRS (American Board of Hair Restoration Society).
Dr. Katona has been studying and practicing medicine since 1992. In 1996, he completed medical school at Ross University. He continued his training in Dermatology in New York, followed by Surgical Pathology & General Surgery in Miami. He continued his training in surgery and surgical pathology at the University of Miami Jackson Memorial Hospital and then Dermatology/ Dermatopathology in New York. These training opportunities, provided a strong foundation for a career in hair transplant surgery.
Dr. Katona’s approach earns him praise from his many clients. He understands each person is unique and believes that each case should be treated individually. In order to create a custom plan to best help each client, Dr. Katona works one-on-one with each person, rather than applying the “one-size-fits-all” approach used by many clinics.
He was personally selected, by Dr. Matt Leavitt, M.D., one of the nation’s most prestigious hair surgeons, to undergo a formal hair transplant surgery Fellowship in Orlando, Florida. This is one of only five training programs in the US accredited by the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS).
Because of his experience and tenure, Dr. Katona is regularly featured in the US and UK media for his commentary as an expert in the field of medical hair restoration. He was one of the first surgeons in the world to perform a hair transplant live on television. Dr. Katona performed the largest hair restoration procedure ever in Europe, performing over 4,500 grafts in just one sitting.
Recognized by the ISHRS for his commitment to education, Dr. Katona is an ISHRS Fellow, a distinct honor bestowed on select doctors worldwide. Dr. Katona has trained other hair transplant doctors around the world.
Dr. Arthur Katona, M.D.
At a Glance
- Senior Hair Transplant Surgeon, MHR USA, 2000-2010
- Founder of Global Hair Alliance UK, 2010
- Diplomat, American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery, 2002 (Recertification, 2012)
- Fellow Candidate ISHRS
- ISHRS Member, 2000-current
- Hair Transplantation Fellowship, Medical Hair Restoration, Dr. Matt Leavitt, Orlando, FL
- Dermatology Fellowship, Advanced Dermatology, Dr. Matt Leavitt
- Dermatology Fellowship, University of Puerto Rico,
- Department of Dermatology, Ackerman Academy of Dermatopathology, New York, NY
- General Surgery Residency, Jackson Memorial Hospital Miami Florida
- Surgical Pathology Residency, Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami Florida
- Doctor of Medicine, Ross University School of Medicine
- Bachelor of Science, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
- Medical License Florida: 1996 – current
- Medical License Illinois: 2002 – current
- Medical License UK: GMC Registered – 2010 – current
- Surgeon for Hair Club – Medical Hair Restoration
- Test Site Carmol Scalp Study for scalp inflammation and wound healing
- ISHRS Grant Recipient for Study of Electromagnetics and hair re-growth/wound healing
Diplomat, American Board of Hair Restoration, 2002 Member, American Society of Hair Restoration Surgery
International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, 2000-current ISHRS Live Surgery Workshop Faculty, 2001-2010
American Society of Ambulatory Care
American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine